CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mom's wedding

So, my mother got married on Jan. 26th to her long time beau, Gary, and it was a wonderful event. It started with the engagement, of course, and then my sister and I planned a surprise bridal shower for her at Marie Callendars. I was the one having to pull off the surprise, and I was so nervous when I led her to our area. I thought she would see right through me. But she didn't,
and it was a success. We had daughters, granddaughters, daughter-in-laws, and a few friends join us. Most everyone got her gift cards or things for her home, but being the improper daughter, I had to get her some slinky slinks. So I did, and she was embarrassed, and quite frankly, so was I! But it was a fun time had by all.


Then, the big day came and it was great. Mom and Grandma set up everything by themselves, but I did the deviled eggs, and let me tell you, that is not an easy chore. Especially when you have just woken up, your stomache is a little queasy, and the eggs smell like someone just used the bathroom with an upset stomach of their own. But, it went well, there were quite a few people there supporting both Mom and Gary's sides; friends and family from out of town. It was short and sweet, and then we chowed and danced to our little hearts delights.



They also cut their delicious and adorable wedding cake. Notice the black space in my mom's smile. That is a missing tooth. Yes, my mother was part sophisticated lady, part WT that day, but boy was she beautiful.


And now they are on their cruise, enjoying way more than I care to think about, and hopefully having the best time! Congratulations Mom & Gary! To the continuation of a fun, caring, and happy relationship that is now legalized! To the happy couple! Cheers!

3 comments:

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

I'm glad you posted all about that. I didn't feel like my pics were good enough to share so I declined but I'm glad you didn't cause your description was better than any I could have written! You're hilarious! Loved the part when you called mom WT. You better hope she doesn't read that!!!

p.s. your deviled eggs were the BOMB!

Julee and Matt said...

Congrats!!

Andrea said...

YAY for slinky slinks!! (Is that what you called them?) I am so proud of you-it just wouldn't be a bridal shower without them!! Way to go Kreth!!