CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

All about Garrett


I'm doing this post to see if my comment form comes up, because what is the point in posting if no one can comment?

Something funny, or not so funny, happened recently. The stove in our new house features the knobs on the front of it, not at the back. So they are at kid level unfortunately. And me, being not so bright, just scolded him everytime he would turn on the burners, instead of me thinking of taking off the knobs. And now I know what you are thinking and you would be right! Well, I was being especially lazy this one night, while Adam was in the garage doing homework, and I was laying on the couch watching the girls play the wii. Garrett had been in and out of the kitchen playing with various kitchen utensils so I wasn't keeping a close eye. BAD MOM! Next thing I know, Natalie looks into the kitchen and she says "Mom, fire". Now, those of you who don't know my girls, don't know that they are terrified of the stove. Especially Emma. So when they say it's on "fire" that normally means the burner is red hot, or something is boiling over. Not this time. I go into the kitchen and there is a straight-up fire on top of the stove and the counter top. I freaked and started getting water from the sink and pouring it all over. The fire alarm was going off about this time. Adam comes in and is like "What the H&#^!" The girls run outside because they "know what to do about fires"-says Natalie. I could hear them talking to each other outside and it cracked me up. It was pretty commical now that I look back on it. And luckily not a lot of damage was done. Just the girls terrified yet again and a little burn mark on the counter. Now the knobs are off.

Also, Garrett went in for a vcgu-a test to check for kidney reflux. He was born with it in both kidneys and so has been on an antibiotic everyday since he was about 6 mths old. I hadn't been giving him it because I thought all was good, since nobody ever contacts us about his tests and what to do or how things look. It is a very yucky test where they strap him in a papoose type thing and insert a catheter. Poor baby. Of course he screamed on that one. Turns out he still has it in the rt one, and the left looked healed. So I guess I continue the meds. Which makes me sad because I don't want him to build a resistance to antibiotics and they don't work on something more serious. But he is good, and no problems...but now we have to go in and go over the test results and they made it sound like it is kind of more serious.

He has turned into the spawn of satan! He was sick with a pretty high fever for 4 days and that was his only symptom. And he was still a happy boy, so I wasn't concerned. But working in a medical office, I know when it's time to be seen and so I finally took him in and it looked like he might have strep. It was negative, but maybe his throat still hurt. The next day, his fever was gone but he was the crabbiest little boy ever! He wouldn't sleep at night, and is constantly screaming at the top of his lungs if he gets mad. I am so frustrated! Welcome to the terrible twos, for the 3rd time!
I am happy to announce that he is now back to his happy, smiley self. I guess I just needed to have patience and realize he was still not feeling well.

0 comments: