CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Big 3-0.

Now it was my turn to turn (gulp) the big 30. My birthday was Sunday, the 8th and so Adam did stuff for me on Saturday so we could go out. We spent time as a family, but I wasn't feeling great that day, so I took a big long nap while he and the kids went out. When he got back, I was getting out of the shower and he informed me that we had a dinner date at 5:45. it was 5:30. Needless to say, I was pretty ticked. It ain't no quick show for me to get ready. And then he told me it was a nice place. He took me to PF Changs and they led us to a table, telling us that we were the first to arrive. I had an idea he had somthing up his sleeve. The waiter led us to an empty table and asked "Is this alright?" and then I heard a familiar voice say " Or how about over here?" It was Eileen and they were sitting at a table across. I didn't even notice them. The waiter looked confused and then left. I was impressed that the whole thing had been choregraphed, but turned out they were wondering why the guy was seating us over there. I got a kick out of that. So we had dinner with our friends Eileen and Jamie Lowe and Jared and Stacie Brewer. After dinner we went to get ice cream, and then after that I kicked the guys of the club and the girls and I went to a movie. We saw Baby Mama. It was hilarious!!!
Then the next day, on my birthday, we went to church, and then came home and I played my present from my family "American Idol Karaoke Revolution." Yeah, I'm turning into a video game nerd. It was so fun! I took it over to my Mom's for another birthday party and we played it all day. We had so much fun. It was a good birthday weekend. And I am no longer in my 20s. Life is crazy!!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kretha dear...
Welcome back! Congratulations on the your home closing-finally! That must be a huge relief.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Kretha! That American Idol game sounds totally rad! I need to play that.

I keep hearing that 30 is the new 20, so don't think that you're getting old be any means.

I can't believe you're training for a triathlon. You're my hero.

Oh, and congrats on selling your house!

Amber said...

Kretha!
Glad to see you back on the blogging wagon! I am enjoying reading them. I am so glad for you that you sold that house. What a relief, eh? You are very ambitious to even "train" for a triathalon. Wow. I have about decided to give up running forever and just walk. Although when I walk I am pushing 75 pounds of children and stroller. Anyway. Hope to see you soon!

Brynne, Aaron and Cade said...

fun to see an update! lots of great pictures and fun things you've been up to. too bad we didn't get pictures of our run from Karynza (sp?) in time for you to post. I still haven't gotten them. That was fun to do with you. thank you! And I think I'll run the Butte to Butte too, it's only 2 weeks away so think I can do it! Yeehaw! Love you. thanks for a fun weekend.

Andrea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRETHA!! I hope you had a great day and have great year! I'll be joining you in the next age bracket soon enough....could it be possible that WE are 30!?!?!? Anyway, glad to hear things are good. Drop me a note if you get the chance!
See ya!

Jodi said...

The 30 club is a great place to be!! Good to see your blog. Wendy sent it to me. Come visit BYU-I!!!

Michelle said...

What the crap? How are you!!!!! I am glad you had a good birthday. I turn 30 this week and am not really looking forward to it. Blah!
Can't wait to keep stalking you!!!